Possession of a driver’s license is required if you will be transporting a program youth in any vehicle you are operating.
Please list information for at least three references below including:
1. Your Spouce or domestic partner (i.e., if you live with a signficant other/girlfriend/boyfriend)
2. Current or former employer or coworker you have known for at least one year, or someone from your school if you are a student; AND
3. A friend or neighbor you have known for at least two years.
In addition to the references above, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County requires references from all youth-serving organizations at which you have worked or volunteered within the last five years. Please list additional on a separate page, if needed.
I consent to and understand that:
Please read the following carefully before signing this application:
I understand that this is an application for a volunteer opportunity and is not a promise or commitment by BBBS. I certify that all information I have provided or will provide to BBBS, including this application, is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. I certify that I have and will answer all questions to the best of my ability and that I have not and will not withhold any information that would affect my application for a volunteer position. I understand that information contained on my application will be verified by BBBS. I understand that misrepresentations or omissions may be cause for my immediate rejection as an applicant or my termination as a volunteer.
At any time while involved with the BBBS program, I agree to immediately inform my BBBS contact person of any and all infractions, violations, charges and convictions related to any civil, domestic, or criminal occurrences. I understand that BBBS staff must be fully informed to provide the best guidance or support possible.
- The references and youth serving organization(s) I listed may be contacted by mail, telephone, email, or in-person.
- The information I provided will be used to conduct a layered, multi-jurisdictional (local, state, & federal) criminal background and driving record check, to include a search of public domain records, juvenile and adult criminal history records, military records, and other records where required by local, state, or federal law for volunteers working with youth (see attached authorization)
- I am in no way obligated to perform any volunteer services.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Washington County (BBBS) is not obligated to match me with a youth and may deny my application or close my match at any time, and to protect all participants’ confidentiality, BBBS is not required to disclose reasons for doing so.
- Other Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies and youth organizations where I have worked or volunteered may be contacted as references.
- As part of the enrollment processes, I will be required to provide additional personal information, including completion of an in-person interview.
- I understand that the information I provide in the enrollment process will be kept confidential unless disclosure is required by law and with exceptions noted below.
- I understand that incidents of child abuse or neglect, past or present, must be reported to proper authorities.
- I understand that certain relevant information about me will be discussed with the parent/guardian of a child who is a prospective match (this might include demographic information, information relevant to parent/child preferences, and any information relevant to a child’s safety or well-being).
- It is my responsibility to update the agency if any of the information I provide on this application, in my interview, or any other information provided during the enrollment process changes (i.e. address, phone number, auto insurance, new criminal charges, etc.).
- I agree to timely communication and follow-up with all agency staff.
VOLUNTEER PRE-INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE
Prior to your in-person interview, please answer the questions below. Parents of youth in our programs will often ask questions about someone with whom their child will be matched. The information you provide will also help us make a better match for you and assure we can support you during your involvement with our program. Please note that you will have an opportunity to discuss these questions and your responses more thoroughly during your in-person interview.
If yes, provide name, age, relationship to you.
I have answered these questions honestly and completely to the best of my knowledge.