TO ENROLL A CHILD, PLEASE CONTACT ALICIA TALUSKIE AT 301.375.0939 OR A.TALUSKIE@BBBSWCMD.ORG.
- Children and youth, between the ages of 6-15, are eligible to be matched with a Big and join the Community-Based Mentoring and Sports Buddies Programs
- Children and youth, in grades kindergarten through eighth grade, are eligible to be matched with a Big and join the Site-Based Mentoring Program
- Children and youth who:
- Reside in Washington County, MD
- Are primarily from single-parent families or being raised by their grandparents
- Want to benefit from the influence of a positive adult role model and friend
- Whose parent/guardian requests the service
HOW IS A CHILD REFERRED?
- In the Community-Based and Sports Buddies Mentoring Programs, the parent/guardian calls the office to request an application or visits BBBS online
- In the Site-Based Mentoring Program, Littles are referred by school personnel, with the parent/guardian’s permission, in select schools within Washington County Public Schools (Contact BBBS for an up-to-date list of participating schools.)
Please click below to learn more about each program available.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR MY CHILD TO BECOME A LITTLE?
COMMUNITY- BASED MENTORING AND SPORTS BUDDIES PROGRAMS
- Completion of an application (Call BBBS to request an application.)
- Interview and pre-match training with the child or youth’s parent/guardian to obtain a family history
- Home visit with the child or youth to determine his/her interests and willingness to participate, as well as to provide the pre-match training
- Written recommendation from counselor/therapist, if applicable
SITE-BASED MENTORING PROGRAM
- Referral received from participating school with parent/guardian’s written permission
- Interview with child or youth at school to determine his/her interests and willingness to participate, as well as to provide the pre-match training
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS HELPING A CHILD REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL! CALL 301.739.4711.
For More Information View Our Full Brochure: